Saturday, June 16, 2007

Home Sweet Home...

Yep! I'm finally home with Ayah and the kids...

Well, theoretically speaking - I've been home for a week now, but the last one week was spent at Mak's house in PJ. Tonight, I'm home "home" in Sri Damansara.

Mak had organized a small makan-makan at her place on Sunday night - the first night I was back in Malaysia. So, I managed to see Mommy and Abah, and some of my siblings, their spouses, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces, and a couple of friends, all at one go at the "khenduri". It was really good to be able to see most of the family members at one sitting. And the food?! Wow! Glorious food! Need I say more?! I think I have gained at least 1kg since I came back! No kidding!

I was getting over my jet-lag, organizing my stuff at the office (which is very near Mak's house), meeting the kids' teachers, and basically ferrying the kids around the last one week. And of course, stealing time here and there to have lunch at some of my favourite spots in Section 14 PJ. (That explains the 1 kg gained...Hahaha!) So, basically - the last one week, I had been in PJ - in transit before really going home.

So, tonight is the first night I'm back in our Sri Damansara house - our humble abode - our "Home Sweet Home". And I feel so at home when Ayah still keeps to our Saturday night routine - i.e. Ayah going around asking everybody what they would like for dinner, and then he would make his way to Beragas Tom Yam and order the food, while I set the table with the maid, and when he comes back with all the yummy food, the kids would just tuck in like they have not eaten for a week! And it's amazing that Ayah and Hanna still stick to their Nasi Goreng USA, while Hilman would ask for his Kuey Teow Ladna - no sayur, no chilli, and I would go for my usual Cantonese Kuey Teow. Hasya has somewhat changed her order - instead of having her usual Kuey Teow Ladna - no sayur, no chilli, tonight she ordered Mee Goreng "tak pedas". So, that's one thing that has changed since I left for Newcastle 7 months ago. Surprisingly - the new maid asked for Mee Goreng, the same order our previous maid would normally ask for. No change there.

Speaking of change - both Hasya and Hilman have put on a bit of weight, and they look chubbier now. Maybe "chubby" is an understatement when it comes to Hilman - he has GROWN, upwards AND sideways! Hahaha! Hasya looks "fuller" than before - maybe because she's no longer training for the State rhythmic gymnastics team. And it's official - Hanna is definitely taller than me now. She doesn't look like an eleven year old girl - more like a 15 y.o!

And Hilman - whenever he's not in school, he would be with me, following me everywhere I go around the house. He would be beside me, holding my hands, sitting on my lap, and whenever I'm lying in bed, he would lie down ON me - basically clinging on me as if I'm his "bantal busuk"! So, you can imagine - all 30kgs of him on yours truly! And of course - K.Ngah Hasya would also fight with Hilman for whatever space left around me. So, that's another 22kgs, mind you! And Hanna being Hanna, she is ever so excited everytime she's home with me... Thank God she doesn't join her adek-adek in their "sitting-on-mommy" session, too! If not - that would be all Xkg of them on me! ( I won't write what their total weight would be here because that would reveal Hanna's weight - and she wouldn't like that! Hehehe!)

Anyway, in the last one week, I managed to fulfill their request for lamb chops and "Big Chicken" (i.e. roast chicken, to the rest of us). It felt really good to be able to cook their favourite dish for them again. And, thankfully I have to say - I still have not lost the touch even though I had not been cooking proper meals during my 7 months stint in Newcastle! And, to be able to just have a relaxed conversation with Ayah again - in our own house...Nice...

And it was fun to be able to play a few rounds of the game UNO with the kids tonight. Both Hanna and Hasya were ganging up against me, while Hilman repeatedly asked his sisters to help him hold his MANY cards. He apparently did not get the concept of the game...He thought the more cards he had, the better chance he had to win! Hahaha! Anyway, both sisters took that opportunity to come up with a strategy to make sure Mommy lose - it was basically 3 players (Hanna and her adek-adek) against 1 (me!). And yes - Hanna won in the end...much to her glee!

Anyway, however good it feels to be home again, needless to say - a mega serious spring cleaning is required...When? Errr...when I feel like it, I guess?! Thank God that our new maid, Shanti (who just started working with us in May) is quite hardworking and reliable (in the sense that I don't need to constantly give her instructions on what to do and when to do them! Phew...) That's one huge headache I'm glad I will live without.

Hmmm, change or no change, headaches or no headaches - it's good to be home again, especially tonight - in Sri Damansara...

And oh yes! Come Friday next week we'll get the keys to our new Home Sweet Home, insya Allah...

Wassalam...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy dear...

U gained 1 kg? What's ur problemlah...? I gained 2 kg since u came back!!! :)

wanshana said...

Errr...Ayah, you sure 2kg ONLY aaahhh?!

Tak aper... As they say - Eat, drink (N/A), and be merry! Or rather, "be fatty"?! Hahaha!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DEAR.

IBU said...

Weeiiii....

Dah balik pun communicating via comment box ke? hahahaha.....

Sorry couldnt join the kenduri - was in JB. Phone also selalu kaput these days. Aiya....

Mee rebus? Bila?

wanshana said...

Dear Ibu,

It's okay - I seemed to remember reading from srikandi yahoogroup that you were going back to JB last weekend, one of the reasons being for the charity drive for the Segamat family, right?

Requested menu for makan-makan tu -insya Allah coming soon... But, make sure your phone tak kaput again, eh? Nanti melepas lagi sekali - tak ada ulang tayang, weh! Hahaha!

Errr...cannot communicate via comment box once under same roof, aaahhh?!! Can la, aaahhh? One way to spice up life maaa...

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

Shana,
welcome home!

SO happy that you are so happy to be back home...
I was just at Bapak's house tadi for Father's Day. Actually, it's Sunday, memang pun I visit. It happens to be Father's Day today.
Of course Kak Ton was there and we talked about ...hahaaa... YOU and Ayah.

Me: Shana must be back already. Ayah came into my blog. I actually replied to another Ayah thinking it was him. Anyway Shana's Ayah said he was very busy.. and we should know why-lah

LOL.

Kak Ton: Yah.. I read. funny-lah.

Me: Must ask them to come over for mee rebus.

Kak Ton: Yes-lah. You got her number.

Me: No-lah.Just go to her blog-lah. She will stop being busy, some time.

So, Shana... we were talking about where you live, and where your in-laws live. We practically live near each other, my dad's place and yr in-laws' and my place in Taman Tun Dr Ismail and your Sri Damansara home.
Shana, just tell me what car your drive,(no need to give the number), I'm sure I know if its yours, somehow. instinct.
I drive a black SUV (Kyron).
So in caseu drive around Taman Tun next time.
What a small world.
And hanging out in section 14. Confirmed. We could have bumped into each otehr without realising it, in the past.

Bye... hope to see you, Ayah and the you handsome hero and little women (not so little anymore, eh?).

wanshana said...

Dear K.Ena,

Thank you! Yes - until today I'm grinning ear to ear. Happy, happy and happy!

Hmmmm...you know what? Ayah and I were just talking about you and K.Ton just now - just as we were passing the left turn going to your Dad's place this afternoon (coming from the traffic light - junction Section 16 and 17). No wonder la we all asyik tersedak aje tadi. Hahaha! Should have just make that left turn to jenguk-jenguk your Dad's house tadi!:D

Confirmed mesti pernah bumped into K.Ena before this. My regular hangout spots in TTDI include Petronas Station, the Pasar, and the shoplots (same row as Santai) as the kids attend a few classes at one of the Kids Centres there. As for Section 14 - Jaya/Cold Storage and the banks and all the eating places yang sama waktu dengannya...

I drive a Silver Kembara with quite a distinctive plate number (same as Ayah's actually - date of our wedding...Hehehe!)And as my sister-in-law (who had just got her licence a couple of months ago) has been driving the car while I was away - there are a couple of 'P' stickers on it. Eherks...

So, if ever you think that it could be me that you see - just holler, please. ;)

Take care, K.Ena - and do,convey my salam and Ayah's to K.Ton and Abg. Med, please. Insya Allah, we'll get to meet up soon!

wanshana said...

K.Ena,

Just remembered - K.Ton has my mobile number, right? The last four digits - those are our plate numbers.

Keep a look out! Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Hi shana

Yup. I have yr mobile no. I just sms u and gave you my address.

It is an open invitation to you, ayah & the children. It's every Tuesday.

Must be happy to be home, kan? I know how that feels. Been there before.

Yes, kak ena & I talked abt you & ayah and I told her that you looked familiar from the pix - like I have seen you or bumped into you before.

Told k. enah Shana tu lawa, she looked mixed.

We (kak enah was driving me home from my dad's place) passed by sect 17 yesterday evening.

Be on the look out for a silver kembara bearing the last four digits of yr mobile phone. Lol!

wanshana said...

Dear K.Ton,

Thanks! Just got your SMS and have forwarded it to Ayah (have to make appointment with him for lunch at your place, you know...Hehehe...)

For tomorrow - cannot promise lagi la, K.Ton. Sorry. But, if okay, I'll call/SMS, okay? But, Romeo Jr and Hasya will be at school though. Insya Allah nanti, we'll organize a makan-makan at our place and K.Ton, K.Ena, A.Med and the rest of Pak Samad's clan can come over and meet our whole clan? ;)

Hmmm...ME lawa?! HAHAHAHA! Well, thank you, but "lawa" is a subjective thing, K.Ton... Hehehe...I guess I am photogenic la kot - meaning I look good in photos (BUT, in real life - errr...mintak maap! HAHAHA!!!)

Take care, K.Ton, and thanks again!

~ said...

welcome home sis

-sya-
stf937

wanshana said...

Dear Sya,

Thank you, dear. It's good to be home...

wanshana said...

Dear Sya,

Thank you, dear. It's good to be home...

Sue said...

Finally Home and around the kids!!
My son..I leave him for 1 day je dah gelisah. When I come home at the end of that one day, mana2 I pegi he will be there. And he won't go to bed until I do.

Anonymous said...

Dear shana

Nice of you and ibu to drop by at my house & meet the bloggers.

Now I know shana is lawa (boleh pinjam that "mole" tak? Teringat pula bintang filem Latifah Omar and Seniwati Mariam). :)

And ibu, - so sweet - I cant be calling you ibu, can I? You're still young. I shall call you by your real name. Okay e?

Hope you two enjoyed yourselves. Sorry didnt have much time to sit down and have a real conversation.

But all the same. Nice to have met you both.

Do come again.

Have a nice weekend.

wanshana said...

Dear K.Ton,

Thank you so much - the pleasure was all ours. Your mee rebus MEMANG very the kick one!!! No wonder lah so very the famous one among the regulars :D Insya Allah, nanti Ibu and I will bring our Ayahs over to taste it for themselves.

It was really nice to have had the chance to meet all the alpha bloggers at your place. Terasa macam kecik la sangat hari tu...Hahaha!

And thank you for the compliments. K.Ton and K.Ena pun...waduh...I would not have thought that you're a grandma to three grandkids - and your grandkids are so adorable!

Thanks again, K.Ton. Take care.

(So sorry for not publishing your comment earlier. The week that was, was REALLY chaotic...I'm going to post an entry on it after this)

wanshana said...

Dear Minah Celoteh,

I think memang anak lelaki ni ter-over manja sikit dengan their moms. Even if we do not pamper them, they will memanjakan diri sendiri...

I can imagine how your son clings to you around the house... Hehehe... Sama macam Hilman!

Take care, dear.