Hmmmm....Whaddaya know? I've been tagged by the self-confessed tag-whore himself (Hahaha!). Thank you (?!), Kerp... (sarcasm...sarcasm...Hehehe!)
It looked quite simple and straightforward at first glance. That was until you really want to sit down and come up with the whole list. My problem was - either there were too many to choose from OR I couldn't think of anything at all to put in some of the lists. Not even one! So, what I did was - spent about 45 minutes in the car last night to scribble down everything while waiting for Hanna to finish her tuition class.
So, here goes -
8 things I'm passionate about -
1. Family - nothing beats this.
2. My kids' studies - not sure if "passionate" is the right word here. Maybe "kiasu"?!
3. Cooking - strictly main dishes or savoury side dishes. NO BAKING. I'm totally hopeless when it comes to baking.
4. Helping those who need help - in whatever way termampu.
5. Shopping - need I say more?
6. Managing the family's account/budget - I do this religiously. I come up with the budget on the day our salaries are in; mid-month to check if we're on track; and a day before our next pay comes in, so that whatever is left will be transferred to our savings accounts.
7. Small SUVs/4WDs - don't ask me why :)
8. Clarks, Scholl and Hush Puppies shoes - I don't go for all the Ferragamos, Jimmy Choos, and the likes. I go for comfort and practicality (plus I can't afford the latter...Hahaha!)
8 Things I want to do before I die -
1. Perform the Hajj with Ayah and the kids, insya Allah.
2. Travel the world with the family, insya Allah.
3. See all my kids get married, insya Allah.
4. Timang cucu. At least one cucu from each kid. Insya Allah.
6. Own a Jag. Insya Allah. (Ayah, hope you're taking note of this. Hehehe!)
7. Author a few books - academic and non-academic. Insya Allah.
8. Own a weekend retreat somewhere with a small stream running through the grounds. Either that or a house by the beach. Insya Allah.
(Waduuhhhh...high maintenance jugak I ni, eh?!)
8 things I say often -
1. I love you.
2. I miss/missed/will miss you.
3. Thank you.
5. It's okay.
6. What are our plans for today?
7. Now, which part of XYZ didn't you understand?!! (Ni beli marah anak-anak la ni...)
8. BANGANG!!! (EXCLUSIVELY uttered when I'm driving. Specially dedicated to those who do not indicate when they want to change lanes or make a turn and suddenly just swerve in in front of me like jalan datuk dia AND to those who do not give way when I have already flashed the indicator lights to change lanes or make a turn! Memang bangang!!!)
8 books I’ve recently read -
Hmmmm...this is a bit tricky. I've started parallel reading a few, and have not finished some. And some books that I read are work-related and I have to be selective in reading only the parts that I need. Do they count? Well, this is my blog. I can list whatever I want I guess. Hehehe.
1. GuiT - by Awang Goneng
2. The 5 Love Languages of Children - Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell
3. Environmental and Natural Resources Economics - Tom Tietenberg (I know - BORING...)
4. Energy Future - Robert Stobaugh and Daniel Yergin (Say what?!!!)
5. The Political Economy of International Relations - Robert Gilpin (Gila ke aper Minah ni?!!!)
6. Human Rights Horizons - Richard Falk (dipaksa-rela to read...)
7. Regulatory Barriers and the Principles of Non-Discrimination in World Trade - Thomas Cottier and Petros Mavroidis (A really good book actually)
8. Weakness of Faith - Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjad
8 songs I could listen to over and over again -
Now, this is even trickier. Do you mean songs that are forced down my ears because I didn't have any choice but to listen to them because my kids rule when it comes to selecting the radio frequencies and the CDs we listen to in the car? OR songs which will not run their expiry dates for me? I've listed those who fall under both categories here because some of them memang lagu anak-anak yang Mommy dioghang pun crazy about, tapi malu nak mengaku sebenarnya. Hehehe!
1. Faithfully - Journey
2. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
3. A Better Man - Robbie Williams
4. With or Without You - U2
5. I Don't Love You - My Chemical Romance
6. When September Ends - Green Day
7. Keep Your Hands Off My Girl - Good Charlotte
8. Forever Young - Alphaville
No Britney or Miss Hilton, please!!!
8 things that attract me to my best friends -
1. Same wavelength
2. Trustworthy secret-keepers.
3. Great sense of humour
4. Can engage themselves in a nonsensical-out-of-this-world topic one minute, and in a serious discussion the next. Precious.
5. Don't bad-mouth others.
6. They make me feel comfortable being with them even if I was in my worn, tattered jammies?!
7. Common passion for letting off steam with croaking...
8. Generous and tidak berkira - not on me in particular, okay? But, generally a generous person.
So, there you go. And I'm now tagging -
IBU - Weiii...high time to hapdet!
MURNI - I know you're a sport, dear.
ETAMY - Hey, you need something to take your mind off your daughters at boarding school.
MRSNORDIN - This is fun, maaaa!!!
AND hey...I feel like tagging AYAH, too - you can use my blog, my dear.