Wednesday, December 24, 2008

16 random facts about wanshana...

I've been tagged by Hanna. Has been since Sunday. And she has been pestering me to get on with it. Since Sunday.

So, here I am doing the tag. On Wednesday. Sorry, dear. Mommy have been pretty tied up with stuff.

Directions: Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog/Facebook note with 16 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment or tag them in your note to read this.


Here goes -

1. I am a hoarder. I just spent the last one week clearing the top-floor room and threw away/gave away/hoard again some of the stuff which I had been hoarding in our top-floor bedroom (which has been serving as a store-room all these years). I swear everything amounted to nearly 10 tonnes (8 tonnes of which, I decided to hoard again. Just in case.)

2. I'm a furniture-shifter. Yup. That kind. The kind who arranges and re-arranges the furniture in the house (and the office) every 2 months or so (like I have all the time in the world, kan?) But, being a pro at shifting stuff, I only need 1-2 hours to get everything re-done. Sometimes, after everything had been shifted, I realized that it was back to square one. Hampehh...

3. I had my first grey hair/uban at the age of 11. Some say it was because I have such a long name and diri tak larat nak bawak the name. Strange, because all my siblings and cousins on my Abah's side have very long names, too. Some even longer than mine. Hitam berkilat ajer their hair, even until now (or maybe they started dyeing their hair since they were 10 without me knowing it? Hmmmm...?) Anyway, another explanation for the white hair - simple (and more logical) - I'm a genius.

4. I've NEVER done facials all my life. Not even once. Okay, maybe once - a week before my akad nikah way back in 1994. Itupun sebab it came with the Mak Andam package from Su*er* Ji*gg*.

5. I've been using this particular brand of facial and skin care since I was 19. And I'm now 40. Very loyal I tell you. Must ask for "LOyalty" payment (if I cannot get "ROyalty" payment) from them.

6. I only weigh myself when I have my contact lenses on, fearing that the weight of my Bu*be*ry glasses would add on the unwelcomed grammes to the reading. I know. Pathetic.

7. I cook mean Lamb Chops, Chicken Rice, Szechuan Chicken (or my kids call it "Ayam Hotel"), Briayani, Ayam Halia, Mee Rebus, Laksa Asam and Char Kuey Teow (according to my kids and Ayah lah kan? Coz' they have no choice but to eat my cooking!) That brings us to the next -

8. I only allow Dar (our helper) to prepare/cook breakfast (coz' I malas nak bangun too early in the morning!). The rest of the meals for the family, I cook myself.

9. I can only drive wearing Cl*rks slippers/springers. Only lately, I started to also drive wearing my Hu*h Pu*pi*s. Wearing other shoes makes me feel like I'm still holding the "L" licence. Don't ask me why.

10. I love listening to the songs my kids listen to when I'm driving. I have no choice really. Those songs are the only songs I have the chance to listen to in the car because the kids will be with me MOST of the times when I'm driving.

11. And when I DO have the time alone in the car, I would be listening to all the Indonesian bands - Ungu, Dewa, Letto, Nidji, Samson, etc. Malaysian singers - errrr, ada ke Malaysian singers worth listening to? If ada, please let me know, and I'll try to start listening to them, too. Thank you.

12. I think Daniel Craig is HOT (but, errr...then again, I think Ayah is hot, too! So how? ;))

13. I don't know how to swim. And I don't think I'll ever learn how to. Hydro-phobic giler...A few times when we went snorkelling on family holidays, I was holding to the boat the WHOLE time, okay? Baik tak payah ikut gi snorkelling, kan?!

14. I love going to Karaoke with my MT and their spouses. But, I don't sing. I mime. I don't feel guilty for not making a fool of myself croaking at Re* Bo*. I leave that to my MT friends... HAHAHAHA! But, seriously, my MT friends are all really good singers. That's the only thing we don't have in common :). Anyway, my lacking in the singing department is overly compensated by Ayah's excellent singing "prowesses". When he belts out all the Bee Gees numbers, aiiyyyoooooo! cannot tahaaaannnn...

15. When I'm angry, I keep VERY quiet. When I'm VERY angry, then you'll start hearing all the bangings of the drawers, cupboard doors and pintu-pintu yang sewaktu dengannya. I'm quite a quiet person. Must live up to the reputation. So, I just let all the pintus do the talking :)

16. I've been described as a very 'sopan-santun' person...(HAHAHAHA!!! And I tergelak besar whenever I hear this!) Hmmmmm....must start living up to people's expectation macam ni. Tomorrow I'm enrolling myself into Kelas Perempuan Melayu Terakhir.

So, there - 16 random facts about Wanshana.

I now tag all the lovely Makcik Bloggers who attended the Sure Heboh High-Tea at Concorde that day because hari tu tak sempat betul-betul get to know each other.

My 16 taggees are as follows -

1. MrsNordin
2. Madam Tai Tai
3. Kak Ezza
4. Zaitgha
5. MsHart
6. Superwomanwannabe
7. Ummi365
8. The Principal
9. Kay
10. Tireless Mom
11. Busybody
12. Bella
13. and of course - IBU! :)

I cannot just stop at 13 or even 16, so, I'm also tagging those who were not able to be there with us that day but were on our minds throughout the gathering -

14. Waterlily
15. Myheartbleeds
16. Jabishah
17. Ja
18. Kak Teh
19. Mak Andeh


Can aaaarrrr??! Hope you guys will oblige, please, please, pretty please?

And this is a good enough reason for Busybody and Bella to start their own blogs, non?!

Cheers! And thank you :)

42 comments:

MrsNordin said...

Alamak Shana... Jenuh nak pikir ni!!

Hanna Haizal said...

Daniel Craig hot ahh? HAHA he only has nice eyes :D

Ummi365 said...

Dush... a second dush.. ermm kena karang cerita ni.. all this while main hentam je bila tulis entry tak payah nak pikir.. ermmm.. masuk bilik kecik jap nak pikir eh.. since you delayed your tag for about 3 days.. i guess i shall follow you jugak hehehe.. nak cari idea dulu ek..

ms hart said...

Puan, bolehkah saya copy & paste jawapan Puan mana-mana yang berkenaan? Err..sudah tentu nama Ayah, saya tukar dengan nama Mr Sor. Itu janji utama saya. Terima kasih, Puan.
.
.
.
.
:) Jap, jap...naik kereta lembu memang lambat, Puan!:)

Anonymous said...

hahhahha...Kak Shana...pandainyer dia....bagus gak..ada idea nak start new entry...ehem ehem...lol!!!
Kak Shana...I am with you on Daniel Craig..he is coolness and machoness and yummyness all in one...mmmmm....hehehhehe

MrsNordin said...

My answers:

1. There were 6 men in my life, inc. my husband

2. I’ve dated Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian men ~ so I’m good at developing inter-racial relationships

3. My first kiss was not with any of the 6

4. I can’t tolerate arrogance and pretension.

5. I love sewing, but not very good at it.

6. My childhood dream is to become the principal of an all-girls finishing school

7. I’m very good with numbers

8. I like to mengemas (de-clutter the house)

9. My favourite comfort food: white bread with condensed milk

10. My parents call me Ida.

11. My hair is my most important asset

12. Never lie to me or I’ll never trust you again

13. My weak spot: shoes

14. I hate cooking!

15. I like autobiographies

16. My favorite icon: Marilyn Monroe

Ezza Aziz said...

adoi shana.....panjang nye...tapi akak tulis dalam BM jer...malas nak fikir ayat omputih ni...abang !dia tak mau tolong pun...dia asik cakap...dictionary kan ada...buat sendiri...

D.N.A.S said...

Kak Shana,
I've also never had any facial treatment in my whole life. Takut diorang picit jerawat or korek black heads. Ngeriiiii

kay_leeda said...

Shana,

Eeee...tak suka tau di tag!! But if tak do something like this tak tau kan. Tak kenal tak chenta kan :)

Akan ku fikirkan the list of 16 itu. In the meantime, lemme enjoy my Christmas first can ah??

tireless mom said...

Dear Shana

I will attempt to menayahut your challenge. Will post it in my blog soon.

I know you were a genius when I first saw you (yes, I think I did catch a glimpse of the grey hair, but that was when you were 15). You are lucky to have a wonderful MT, who can sing too. Have a good break.

wanshana said...

MrsNordin,

Thank you for doing it in record time! You're a sport, as always :)

Errrr, I had to read a few times the part when you wrote that your first kiss was not with any 6 of the men in #1?! Biar betul?!

My imagination is running wild now...HAHAHAHA!

And your #6 - that is SO YOU! Who knows, insya Allah it'll come true nanti, kan? Amin.

Thanks again, dear.

wanshana said...

Hanna,

Ssssssiiizzzzliiinnnggg...

;)

wanshana said...

ummi,

Take your time, dear.

Saya setia menanti di sini... Hehehe!

Hope you'll have fun doing it :)

wanshana said...

ms hart,

Copy and paste sama sekali tak dibenarkan. Nanti anda akan didakwa memplagiat dan akan didakwa di Bilik Court Universiti Malaya (ada tau Bilik ni kat Canseleri tau? Jangan tak percaya, tau?!)

Dan sempena Hari Natal ni, tidak dibenarkan sama sekali menaiki kereta lembu. Tapi, naik sleigh Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, adalah amat digalakkan...

wanshana said...

Bella,

Yuummmmeeeyyyhhh... (Hehehe!)

So, does this mean that we are going to be invited to your spanking new blog soon?!

Nanti Kak Shana nak buat pengumuman bagai Penyimpan Mohor Besar untuk diwar-warkan to the rest of the Makcik Bloggers, boleh? ;)

Right here waiting... ;)

wanshana said...

Kak Ezza,

Tak kisahlah bahasa apa pun, akak! Don't worry. No problemo.

Bahasa Hindi, Jawa Barat, Jawa Tengah, Bahasa (Ayam?!) Bali, Swahili, Bahasa Isyarat....semua boleh, Kak Ezza :)

Thanks, Kak Ezza. You ni memang sporting :)

Selamat bercuti dengan family! ;)

wanshana said...

D.N.A.S,

Betul tu! Tidak sanggup segala blackheads dan jerawat dikerjakan dek cik adek manis pakai skirt pendek kat beauty salon tu...

Seriau, babe...

wanshana said...

Kay,

I say, sembah patik harap diampun!!! But, I can guarantee that you'll have fun doing this.

And you're right - tak kenal, maka tak chenta, kan?

No problem. Take your time. Enjoy your Christmas (and even your New Year's) break(s) before you do the tag, dear.

wanshana said...

Tireless Mom,

BRAVO!!! Clap clap clap!!! Kerana menyahut cabaran!

I look forward to the 16 random facts about TM dengan hati yang berdebar...Hehehe!

Aikkk?! You knew I was a genius when you saw me the first time? Gosh! I must have been so nerdy-looking back then, huh?! But, yeah I had loads of uban by the age of 15. Tu yang score SRP tu kot?! HAHAHAHA!

And yes, I'm lucky to have my MT who can sing. Everytime gi Re* Bo* rasa macam pergi Majlis Marhaban and Berzanji tau, Kak Yatt...(NOT!!) Hahahaha!

Waterlily said...

Walalla!! Tu dia..16 facts, jenuh nak fikir tu. When I read your comment in my blog, I thought it would be those simple questions..but wow! I'll do it, but may take a while ya!

wanshana said...

Waterlily,

I look forward to your 16 :) It's okay - take your time, dear.

Have fun! It'll be a good way to wind down and reminisce 2008 as we enter 2009 :)

Happy Holidays!

MA said...

16 random things eh? Hmmm...kena duduk and reflect kejap. Many things have changed over the years..haha.

wanshana said...

MA,

Reflect...jangan tak reflect ;)

It's year end - good time for reflecting. You won't be alone. I'll be doing some reflecting myself.

Aiyooo...one year terbang begitu sajer...

No worries, take your time :)

MHB said...

teringin tau nak makan your famous char kuey teow tuuuu... bila agaknya?? hehe

#4 -- I pun sama ngan you!! I think the package came with 3 facials but I only went for one!! rugi je...

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

Ok setelah saya pikir I got 16 utterly boring stuff which anyway orang dah taukot- but I did it!

Formerly known as Superwomanwannabe! said...

BJ!!!! (sorry using your blog shana) - who was it then???

IBU said...

Shana,

I can only drive using original leather/skin.... but must be very very ori, and by that I mean - my own skin! Kaki Ayam you..... hehehe... baru boleh cengkam that gas pedal!

Daniel Craig? errr.... hmmphh... x per lah, asal bahagia. LOL!

the principal said...

Kak Shana,

Assignment done...

zaitgha said...

will do soon....the rusty brain is a bit difficult to jump start ha ha ha....

wanshana said...

Myheartbleeds,

My Char Kuey Teow? Bisa diatur. Insya Allah one of theses days when Makcik Bloggers organize a Potluck or something, I can fry 4 kilos for all...Hahaha!

Waaahhh...we have #4 in common. But, you terrer - without routine facials pun you pernah ended up as one of Female Magazine 50 Most Gorgeous!

Next Makcik Bloggers meeting, make sure bawak itu magazine, okay? ;)

wanshana said...

Superwomanwannabe,

Thank you for doing the tag, dear. I dah baca - very colourful 16 random facts you have there. I still cannot take your #16 out of my mind, tau? Seriau...

And yes BJ - who was it then??!!

wanshana said...

IBU,

Make sure when you're driving ONLY itu KAKI saja pakai original leather okay? Jangan pakai full body suit ori leather, okay?! HAHAHA!

Daniel Craig (or DC) is HOT, okay? But, I have a CD who is hotter and lebih membahagiakan ku - my Cardio Doc ;) Hehehe!

wanshana said...

The Principal,

Thank you for submitting your assignment. Hehehe! I've read it, and some of them really made me tersenyum sorang-sorang :)

Very interesting 16 random facts of your past, your present, and your principles which show that you're a very soft-hearted, but at the same time a very strong person, too!

Thanks again! ;)

wanshana said...

Zaitgha,

No worries. Take your time, dear :)

Can enjoy the New Year first. If still rusty, I can send some WD40 to Seremban. Hahaha!

Take care :)

wanshana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zaitgha said...

mam,

tag done....

Anonymous said...

Hi Shana!

I just started my own blog 10 minutes ago..dok garu kepala apa nak tulis. Then I read your blog and saw that I've been tagged. Nanti arh..I baru sampai bab intro!

Busybody

MA said...

cikgu - homework dah siap! :-)

wanshana said...

Zaitgha,

Thank you, dear. I dah 'marked' dah assignment you. Hehehe... Like the rest of the Makcik Bloggers, you also dapat markah penuh. Hehehe!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

wanshana said...

Jah @ Busybody!!!

Welcome to the Blogging World! I visited your blog last night (not sure through whose blog it was), and saw your "intro". Hehehe...

Tak per. Take your time. We all memula dulu pun macam tu jugak. I think the most difficult part was to choose the best or the most suitable layout/skin for our blogs. Asyik tukar ajer :)

And what better way to start a blog than posting 16 random facts about you as a means of introduction, kan? I look forward to that :)

Now, nak tunggu Bella pulak. (HELLO, BELLA!!! Did you roger that?! Hehehe!)

Here's wishing you a Very Happy New Year, and the best in everything - love, joy, success, health, rezqi :)

wanshana said...

MA,

Thanks! I dah baca semalam (or was it kelmarin?). Tapi, macam Chipsmore lah pulak...Petang semalam nak baca balik, dah tak ader. Hehehe! It's okay, saya ada faham :)

Here's wishing you and the brood abundance of love, joy, success, wisdom, and rezqi for the new year :)

Anonymous said...

i hate your blog