Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time to move on...

Thank you to all who had left their well-wishes for Hilman as he starts a new phase in his life. Boy to man :)

And as Hilman starts his journey as a (little) man, Ayah is also starting a new phase in his life.

Yup. After exactly 10 years 9 months of dedicating his life to PP*M, Ayah tendered in his resignation on Tuesday 16th December 2008 - something which neither of us ever thought would happen.

PP*M had been Ayah's second home. In fact, I dare say that for most of the times, it had been his FIRST home because he spent more time there than at home actually. He would leave for work around 6:45a.m (sending Hanna to school first), reaching the hospital around 7:30a.m., and he would come home (earliest) at 9:00p.m. There were times when he didn't see the younger kids for days as they would still be asleep when he left, and they would already be in bed when he came home late at night for a few days in a stretch. And he would go and see and review his patients at the wards even during weekends. I can't even remember the last time (if there ever was one) Ayah did not go to the hospital on Saturdays and Sundays.

Sometimes I would ask the kids, "How many days have you guys not seen Ayah?". And they would have to take a few seconds to count the days, before coming up with, "Errr...2 days, kot? Or maybe 3?"

But, I know that Ayah saw them EVERYDAY. Every time when he came back from work late at night, he would first go to their room and kiss them, unbeknown to them...And sometimes when I would be asleep when he came back, halfway to Dreamland, I would feel him hugging me close, and kissing my forehead before he surrendered to Slumberland himself...

And sometimes, the kids didn't even realize it when Ayah was away on conferences. They were so used to not having Ayah around at home that sometimes they didn't even feel that Ayah was thousands of miles away. To them, Ayah was probably at the hospital, working as always. And when he came back from his meetings abroad, his luggage would be filled with stuff for the kids. So much so, that the kids would always terpa and hug his luggage first before they hugged their Ayah when he came in through the door. Hehehe...

It had not been easy being married to a doctor. It's worse when his area of specialization is in cardiology. But, I know that it's even harder for Ayah to have missed out on so many things with regard to the kids due to the nature of his work.

I've lost count of how many times we had to postpone, or even worse - cancel, our family outings when Ayah was suddenly called in for emergency procedures.

I've lost count of how many times we had to wait for Ayah to fetch us from the malls, relatives' and friends' houses, etc., because he had to go to the hospital in the middle of our outings or functions.

I've lost count of how many time the kids and I had to follow him to and wait for him at the hospital during weekends when he was suddenly called while we were on our way to somewhere.

I've lost count of how many times I had waited for him to have dinner with him, only to be told that he would be very late because he had to perform a primary/emergency angioplasty just as he was about to leave the hospital for home.

I've lost count of how many times he would be called to the hospital in the middle of the night to attend to emergency cases.

I've lost count of how many times Ayah would fall asleep while having conversations with me, out of sheer exhaustion after work.

I've lost count of how many times he would come home feeling down when he couldn't save his patients' lives, even after going all out and giving his best everytime.

I've lost count of how many fights and arguments we had when I just could not take it at times - not having him there with us during the times that I wanted him to be there most, but, he could not make it, either in time, or at all...

Yes, I admit. I am not one of those very understanding doctors' wives that you often hear of. I can be rather selfish at times. I am only human.

If you think working in a government hospital is tough, let me tell you this - working in a teaching government hospital is even tougher. Ayah has his clinics to attend to. He has his ward-rounds to perform. He has his angio procedures to perform. He has to carry out research upon research. He has to write and publish academic papers. He has to present papers at meetings and conferences. He has to give lectures to his students. He has to supervise their clinical attachments, etc. And on top of that, he's also required to carry out certain admin work for the hospital AND faculty. And he does that nearly everyday - day in, day out for the last 10 years and 9 months.

But, he never complains because he loves his work.

Just as I've lost count on so many things that had happened, I've also lost count of how many times I panjatkan kesyukuran to Allah SWT for giving me such a responsible and loving husband who always tries his best to give the best to his family, his patients and to others. Syukur alhamdulillah.

The decision to leave PP*M was not done in haste, and it was NOT an easy decision to make. In fact Ayah had been thinking about it for nearly two years, but never seriously. There were so many things that pulled him to stay on - so many people to please, so many hati to jaga, so many debts in deeds to be paid.

But, there was only ONE thing pushing him to leave in the end. His kids. Their future.

It's not that he could not provide them with a good future. But, he doesn't want to settle for "good" when he has a choice to settle for "the best" for the kids. And it's not just about financing their future. It's also about investing more of his TIME with them now and the years to come. Something that he had not been able to do as much as he wanted to in the last 10 years.

I for one has never influenced him in any way whatsoever when it comes to his career. He would be the only person who knows what is best for him career-wise, and whatever decisions he made had always been his, with me giving him my full support.

Ayah only started to seriously think about leaving about a year ago. And, somehow macam tersusun elok, when one fine day I received an invitation to attend a health-talk organized by a PR firm for a soon-to-be-launched hospital. Ayah followed me to attend the talk, which did not materialize in the end when the Manager found out that Ayah was a doctor, and I obviously did not need any health-talk given by them. Hehehe... Anyway, before leaving, I managed to joke with them, and said, "If ever you need a brilliant cardiologist for your hospital, just contact my husband." :)

One thing led to another, and before we knew it, Ayah was head-hunted and approached by the said soon-to-be-launched hospital to join them. At the same time, Ayah was also approached by another hospital which is much more established to join them. But, Ayah being Ayah - one who thrives on challenges, he accepted the offer from the former, simply because it's a new hospital, and Ayah will be the first and only cardiologist there (at least for the first year or so), and he wants the cardio unit to be his 'baby'. He has great plans for the new hospital, and I know that they are very, very lucky to have Ayah as part of their pioneering team. They will never get anybody nearly half as dedicated as Ayah who will give them his 200% to bring the hospital to the next greater level, insya Allah. Amin.

Ayah is indeed one of the best cardiologists around, and his work, especially in peripheral and radial angioplasty, is recognized amongst the cardio fraternity in the region. And I'm not saying all these because he's my husband. He IS one of the best. And the kids and I are very, very proud of him.

In a way, it is a sad moment for Ayah to leave PP*M which had taught him so much. But, it is time to move on.

After giving his 3 months notice last Tuesday, Ayah will officially leave PP*M and start the next phase of his career at the new hospital on his 41st birthday, i.e. on 15th March 2009. He started working with PP*M, on 16th March 1998 - a day after his 30th birthday. So, in a way, it's a nice and neat closure for Ayah, leaving exactly after 11 years with PP*M. Just the way he wants it to be, being a melancholic guy that he is :)

And being a workaholic that he is, he still has 44 days of his annual leave to finish before his last day at PP*M. He'll start his leave on 5th January, 2009, i.e. the kids' first day of school. And insya Allah, for the first time ever, he would not need to rush back to the hospital while settling the kids fees and whatever nots on the first day. And I'm already looking forward to that :)

And hopefully, being his own boss, he will be able to spend more time with the kids, and make up for the times and opportunities lost in the last 10 years and 9 months, insya Allah. Amin.

I'm so excited for him. For the kids. For us.

Ayah,

Come what may, I'm here for you, dear. The kids are here for you, too.

Just continue being the brilliant cardiologist that you are, and you'll be fine.

You'll be more than fine... Wherever you are, wherever you will be in life.

TR*PI*ANA MEDICAL CENTRE is VERY lucky to have you there, my dear.

We want you to know that we are very, very proud of you, and that we love you very, very much - remember that always.

And we make do'a and wish you all the best in your new undertakings at TMC, dearest, dearest Ayah. Amin. Insya Allah...

45 comments:

Mieeewwra's said...

Shana,
Aminnnn.....

Sedih pulak akak baca entry ni tapi akak gembira kalau you all gembira. Akak tau macamana sibuk nya seorang doktor . Apalagi seorang doktor pakar. Kerja terpaksa di dahulu kan dari keluarga. Akak ni pun dulu masa abang terlalu sibuk dengan kerja nya ,akak kena handle semua perkara dengan sendiri. Nasib baik kaum perempuan di kurnia kan sifat sabar yang tinggi.

Akak ucap kan selamat "berhijrah" kepada keluarga Shana. Lepas ni boleh la bayar hutang masa kat you dan anak anak ya.....Dan semoga malam Jumaat ni bawa "berkat" untuk Shana ye..ehemmmm...

Kalau lah masa anak saya Zira accident dan warded kat PP*M tu akak dah kenal Shana dulu..senang la dapat discount perubatan...hahahah

wanshana said...

Kak Ezza,

Aminnnn...Thank you, for the do'a.

I pun sebak masa tulis this posting, Kak Ezza. We had gone through so much, but, alhamdulillah we got through thick and thin.

Akak tak log out from Mimie's account ya, Kak? Hehehe! But, I know it's you, especially bila sampai tang part "malam Jumaat ni bawa berkat..." Hahahaha! And of course when you wrote about Zira, too.

Take care, Kak Ezza. And thanks again :)

Dup dap...dup dap...tunggu hari Minggu!

Memang kita perempuan ni kuat dalam segala-galanya, walaupun pada zahir nampak lembut, kan?

Lee said...

Hi Wanshana, I can imagine how happy you are presently. And congrats to doctor. Glad for him...going towards a new horizon.

Yes, its always tough on the kids and wife when hubby has a tough career.

When I was reaching for the stars, I hardly saw my wife, maybe one day in a week, most times in three weeks as my second home was hotels all over.

Then one day, I decided to give up everything, life in the fast lane and start a new life here...and past 21 years have made up for the lost years...never away from her everyday...

You keep well and have fun, Lee.

Mrs.A said...

Kak Shana,

I pulak yang teary baca entry you ni. Tropicana Medical Centre is sepelaung from my house ! I am sure Ayah will do his best wherever he is and in whatever he does. It's something his parents instilled in him and my friend, non?

Take care.

D.N.A.S said...

Kak Shana,
Congrats! Good for you. Now you can have more of him. Can start planning for the 2nd honeymoon.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

and i'm proud to shout out loud on two things; that i've met the good doc and i have his NEW call card!

re Hilman- dont worry kak shana. it'll be a looong time still before he'll grow out of his psp. i've got my own ps2, that sometimes i get sooo hooked to it kadang2 lupa that i was supposed to call pinky.

Ezza Aziz said...

Alahai Shana,sori la banyak banyak..dah tua ni makin banyak lupa laah,mmg tadi mimi tgh tulis kat blog dia..akak terus masuk je kat blog kamu ni....nasib baik you dah kenal nama anak akak...hissh..

udinb said...

Wanshana,

Sedih juga baca entry kali ini, especially banyak bab "I've lost count of how many times .... ".

When I left RTM after serving 18 years, I broke down in tears, in the midts of delivering my farewell speech on the last day in office. Jadi saya dapat rasakan apa yang Ayah rasakan sekarang.

And like you too, Ana had always been beside me, thick and thin, and on whatever career path I am up too.

Alhamdulillah, that "Hijrah", from Federal to State Govt had proven to be a wise decision in the interest of family, for kids future in particular. I need a separate posting to story more on this.

Kami sekluarga mendoakan selamat sejahtera dan maju jaya dalam kehidupan seterusnya.

Anonymous said...

"And, somehow macam tersusun elok, when one fine day I received an invitation to attend a health-talk organized by a PR firm for a soon-to-be-launched hospital."

It's like destiny. Kalau memang dah ditetapkan untuk kita, memang kita akan dapat walaupun satu dunia halang. This is exactly how I feel now. :)

Anonymous said...

salam,

dear kak shana and abang H,

alhamdulillah and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

we are so happy for you guys and excited at the same time!!! *as you can see ... cannot stop using the exclamation marks!!!*

abang H, you totally deserves this new post and place!!! and we pray that you'll be blessed with more success, happiness and good health :) *hidup cardiologist negara!!! - amin...*

hilman: we hope that you are recovering well ... waaa dah besar anak teruna hesem sorang nih!!! sorry tak call or anything ... busy bee here at the moment - al maklum la kan, ramai cuti X'mas :)

take care and loves and hugs to hanna-hasya-hilman :)

miss you guys very much!!!

:o) me

Anonymous said...

very inspiring kak wanshana.if u feel the challenge to be a doctor's wife is quite unbearable sometimes,i wonder about the husband of a female doctor(when he is not in the medical profession himself). very tough, but i've chosen the field.


best of luck to your hubby.he surely a lucky man to have u supporting his work.

MAMAMIA said...

Lama tak singgah, & so many changes. Fr 'boy to man' & 'fr PP*M to TMC'.

I understand how it feels being a wife to a husband who's married to his job. Been there, done that. Bila angin tak berapa bagus, ada jugaklah the occasional outburst, kan?


Tapi kan Shana, u must also be prepared, that being his own boss he may even be busier, esp the first few months.

Wishing Ayah all the best, and U too, of course!!!

afsi said...

Dear WS & H

All the best to the good Doc in his new undertakings. I envy him, able to move on to new things. I am desperately looking to move on to new things too....preventing me from becoming stale.

Again..all the best and hopefully you get to accomplish what you are looking for.. the best of both worlds..career and family...the elusive dream

regards

wanshana said...

Hi Uncle Lee,

Thanks :)

Yes, it has been tough for me and the kids, but, I know it's nothing compared to how tough it has been for the man himself. Hopefully, when things are settled at his new place, we can slowly make up for lost times.

I'm glad you and your wife managed to do just that. I take my hats off to your dear wife - she must have been one very strong and very patient lady. And I take my hats off to you, too, for making that decision 21 years ago to just leave everything and start and make up for everything with her. You are very lucky to have each other, Uncle Lee :)

You keep well, and have fun, too! Enjoy the weekend :)

wanshana said...

MrsA,

Are you serious? Sepelaung? Are you staying at Tropicana? Villa D'sara? Kota Damansara? Damansara Indah? I've always had the impression that you're staying somewhere in Bangsar (don't ask me why...Hehehe!)

Anyway, that's great. But, we don't want you or MrF paying Haizal a visit for chest pain, do we? Hehehe! Nauzubillah...

Maybe one of these days when I lepak at their Starbucks while waiting for Haizal, we can have a cuppa there, huh?

And yup - it runs in the family - all his siblings are super workaholic, and they give 200% in everything they do.

Jangan teary-eyed lagi, okay? Ini bukan cerita Batu Belah Batu Bertangkup. Hahaha! (But, thanks for feeling for us, dear...)

wanshana said...

D.N.A.S,

Thanks! Amin.

Second honeymoon?! Hmmmmm, I've been warned that he would probably have to stay put and establish himself at the hospital for at least one year before he can plan a vacation for himself (and the family). But, I'm willing to wait. I'm not going anywhere :)

Yes, a second honeymoon would be very nice...with the kids tagging along. Hahaha!

wanshana said...

Kerp,

Yup! You've met the good doc and you've got his new call card, alright. Let's just hope you won't have to see him for health reasons, okay? Setakat social gatherings - he's on, anytime :)

Hmmmm, Pinky tak letak pre-dating agreement ke - "No PS2 and gadgets sewaktu dengannya between certain times of the day" when you guys are going out? Big mistake, I tell you... Errr, as if you makan agreement, huh?! Hahaha!

wanshana said...

Kak Ezza,

No worries. I pun dah tua...and selalu do the same. Kekadang terbuat post/comment under Hanna's account. Ayah pun selalu comment under my account or his daughter's account. Normal lah tu... :)

wanshana said...

Udin,

Thank you for the well wishes and for sharing a bit on your story. Please do a special posting on it. I'd love to know the experiences you had with Ana.

You're lucky to have Ana behind you all the way. It would have been difficult to climb up the ranks and stay focused, otherwise. Hey, I hope you'll always remember that, okay? ;)

We make do'a for you and your family, too, to have the best in everything - career and family-wise.

Enjoy the weekend with the family.

wanshana said...

hanakirana,

Betul tu...Kalau dah tertulis, maka terjadilah, insya Allah.

Hmmmm...you're making me curious, now. I wonder what do you mean by your "destiny" which you can't tolak ni...Anything to do with Brad Pitt (or yang sewaktu dengannya kah? Hahaha!)

jabishah said...

Hi Kak Shana,

Alhamdulillah, everything is doing smooth in your family. First Hilman & now ayah. Im sure he will be happier there & the kids will be the happiest for having him around often.

My girls are so used to having HB away that sometimes when his off days were 4 days in a row (which is very seldom), they will ask "Bila papa nak kerja?" Terukkan? They are too familiar & close to comfortable with the normal pattern.

wanshana said...

Dear Murni and co.,

Thank you...thank you...and Amin :)

You know lah kan how "married" he is to PP*M tu...But, I'm glad he has had the time to step back and ponder on the whole thing in between his hectic schedule.

(Hmmmmm, maybe it was his hectic schedule which made him think about the whole thing?)

I pray that everything works out well for him. Insya Allah.

Hilman just went for his follow-up with Dr Ra*ak this morning. Everything's okay, albeit still ada slight swelling. He can walk about without using the poly cup now. So, that's good :)

Alahai...kesiannya you! Everytime year-end mesti have to cover for everyone else. And the short daytime surely is not helping at all, huh? But, I know you ni very dedicated and committed (but, jangan let them take advantage of you, okay?)

I'll hug the kids for you, if you promise to hug Iman and Irfan for me, too :)

Take care and enjoy the weekend.

Miss you all so much, too!

(((((HUGS))))

wanshana said...

Dear shAiNe.aLi,

Thank you for hopping by. I hopped by your blog, too. You have a VERY interesting life there, I can see :)

Congratulations on the choice of career-path you've made. Medicine is indeed a very noble profession, and memang banyak pahala yang you'll get helping, curing and caring for those who are sick.

It's a very difficult question to answer, dear. It is different, I guess, if a non-medic guy marries a doctor. But, I truly believe that at the end of the day, love will conquer everything, insya Allah. If he truly loves you, he will embrace the whole of you - your life, your profession, your passion.

I wish you the best in your studies, and in your career. And I make do'a that you'll find the perfect guy for you who'll embrace the whole of you, insya Allah. Amin.

(Ke dah jumpa dah?! :))

wanshana said...

Mamamia,

Thank you for the well wishes :)

Tu lah tu...lama tak singgah and lama tak 'hapdet'! Baru tadi baca your latest posting. Hmmmmm...I wonder what your new project is! Hope it won't take you away from your blog totally.

Thanks for the advice, Mamamia. I know that you have gone and are going through similar experience with Papapia running his own business, and all.

I am preparing myself for the inevitables when one starts one's own business especially in the first couple of years. But, at least Ayah does not have to answer or report to anybody, and he can manage his own time, insya Allah.

Nanti, if I need advice, boleh I consult Mamamia, kan?

Thanks again, and have a great weekend :)

wanshana said...

Dear afsi,

Thank you for the well wishes and do'a. Yes - elusive dream...but, insya Allah achievable.

If Ayah can increase the time spent with the kids by 20-30% pun, I syukur...

And hey, it can happen to you, too. We make do'a that you'll get the opportunity to move on to new things, and realize the elusive dream, too, insya Allah. Amin.

Mrs.A said...

Kak Shana,

Bangsar? Kerja kat Bangsar pernah. Duduk kat Bangsar.. I WISH! I live in Seksyen 9 , Kota Damansara. and.... they.. have ... a .. STARBUCKS? I ada soalan about TMC. Will PM. ( And nope it is not to see your husband.. phew!.. he he)

Dalam Dakapan Ibu said...

Dear Shana,
That decision must be a very hard one to make. Mesti berat nak tinggalkan tempat yg dah mcm 2nd home macam tu...

Whatever it is, Good Luck for both Ayah, you & the kids. Semoga penghijrahan ini memberi yang terbaik di dalam kerjaya dan keluarga. Though I've never met you, I have this much better after this... insyaallah...

But like Mamamia said, be prepared for the 'bz-ness' during the first few months... or years....

Again, Good Luck and Congratulations!

Have a great weekend dear! :)

mr engineer said...

In a way, Haizal is doing his own "hijrah". All the best to him. And this warrants a celebration at our usual jaunt. Dah lama tak exercise the vocal chords....

Mat Salo said...

Shana.. send my salaam and best wishes to H. Since meeting him has influenced me to start taking care of my health again, ha ha.

Since TMC is also sepelaung from my home in MD, look me up. Don't be a stranger, as they say. Alamaak, I'm in Indon laah. :)

IBU said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Especially for being able to decide with a solid rationale & clear vision of what is desired for the future - of the whole family.

Err... house call buleh ker?

Salam,
Anak patient... hehehe...

the principal said...

11 years, huh? Kalau org lain dah lama cabut, what more with extra perks etc...

Your husband is a great man & behind every great man is a great woman...

wanshana said...

Hi Ja,

Yes, syukur alhamdulillah :)

I know what you mean about your girls. They would feel strange, and somewhat macam tak bebas bergerak (?) when the "pattern" is broken kan?

I hope my kids will learn how to lead a different daily pattern once Ayah is at TMC fulltime nanti. After all, they are the reasons for the change :)

wanshana said...

MrsA,

Section 9 KD - nice neighbourhood. That was one of the areas Ayah and I went to to have a lookaround when we were looking for a new house to buy three years ago. Very strategic, and that place is so happening now, kan? My parents are in Section 6.

Yup - AKAN ada Starbucks. Belum operational lagi.

Glad to know that you don't have any health reasons to see Haizal :) Sure, PM me (or him) the queries on TMC.

Have a great weekend.

wanshana said...

Ja @ DDI,

Thank you...thank you. Amin. Insya Allah, things will be much better for him and our family with this Hijrah.

It was a very difficult decision to make, especially when Ayah has been ear-marked to hold some key positions in PP*M in the future (in fact, some say THE key position). But, at the end of the day, that is NOT what he wants. All the expectations from the top management has put him in a great dilemma for the last 2 years. But, finally the "Ayah" in him won :)

We know that it's not going to be a bed of roses, especially the first couple of years, but, insya Allah it'll be better for the family.

And insya Allah he will not be busier than when he was with PP*M. Logically - it's quite impossible to be busiER than that! But, yeah...we still prepare ourselves for the possibilities.

Thank you again, Ja :)

You have a great weekend, too, dear.

wanshana said...

Mr Engineer,

Thank you. Yes, indeed a Hijrah for him (which all of us NEVER thought would happen, kan?)

Please make do'a for him, friend.

Yes - I second that! Celebrate we must. Ab*d's and J*'s birthdays are just around the corner, too. And oh ya - I met Az*in and Ha*li* at TESCO the other day, they all pun dok tanya bila nak croaking. The more, the merrier. Can have triple celebration at RB! (OR at your new abode? ;))

Salam to On*ir - She texted me the other day saying that she has been running around "separuh gila" trying to complete the new house. Tell her, that's okay...so long as tak "totally gila"...HAHAHA!

wanshana said...

Mat Salo,

Thanks, and I will sampaikan your salam to him (in fact, I'm sure he has read your comment ni).

You're in MD? We're in SD. So, let's make sure both parties will try not to be strangers, okay? :)

Yup - you should take better care of yourself, especially with your hectic and "abnormal" working arrangements.

I salute your wife. When I read how it has been for you guys with you stuck in the Borneo swamp most of the times, I realized that there are busiER husbands out there who have to leave the family weeks or months on ends due to the nature of their work. And I should be thankful...

Do convey my salam to your Superwoman, Mat Salo :)

wanshana said...

Ibu,

Thank you, thank you...

But, it has taken him THIS long to finally decide to leave, huh? Tu lah susahnya when I have to compete with his other passion (errr... or "patients"?! Hehehe!)

House call can. Re* Bo* call oso caaaaannnn...

So. How? So. When?

wanshana said...

The Principal,

Thank you :)

Yes, bertahan selama 11 tahun.

A lot of people advised him that if he ever thought of leaving the service, he'd better do it when he's in his early 40s. That's when he has already gained much of the experiences, and he will not be anchored by too many obligations and expectations at work. And that's the time he needs to spend and enjoy life with the family.

Indeed, "behind every great man, is a great woman"... But, can I change that to a "greatER" woman?! Hahaha!

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest tomorrow ;)

Mior Azhar said...

Shana,
All the best to dr Haizal and you too... the ride should gets more interesting!!!

Waterlily said...

Congrats Shana and especially to Tuan Doktor too..!

Your children will be ecstatic I know..sebab nanti selalu jumpa abah diaorang kan? And mommy pun lagi la seronok ..congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I'm Hanna's senior in Sri Aman and my dad is a cardiologist too. He's also around 41 years of age. He used to come back really late, around 3 maybe, when i was small. So i know, it's very difficult.

wanshana said...

HI Mior,

Thank you :)

Yup, more interesting ride ahead. Hopefully it won't be like a roller-coaster ride. Then again, we hope it won't be like Keretapi Mel Senandung Malam ride either. Hehehe!

wanshana said...

Waterlily,

Thank you...thank you!

Yes, the kids will be very ecstatic indeed. And I hope Ayah will have more time to spend with our little man Hilman for more meaningful Father/Son bonding, insya Allah. Before this, Hilman spends more time with me and his sisters and sometimes kesian tengok dia tak ader 'gang' :)

wanshana said...

Hi Anonymous @ Hanna's senior in Sri Aman,

Thank you for hopping by at Aunty's blog :)

Yes, cardiology is one of the toughest areas of specialization in medicine (if not THE toughest). It's tough on the cardiologists AND it's tough on their families.

You should be VERY proud of your father, dear. He works really hard for you and your family. And you should always try to understand that even though he might not be able to spend so much time with you, while attending to other people's hearts, HIS heart is ALWAYS with you, okay?

Take care, dear

* And please keep an eye on my Hanna. If ever she misbehaves, do let me know. Thanks ;)

Theta said...

Congrats to your hubby for the brand-spanking post in TMC!

I can sense your melancholy in the post. Being married to a workaholic, I can wholly empathise. :)

Take care and may the new year usher better things for all of us, insyaAllah!