Remember last week when I decided to (re)start a healthier lifestyle?
Well, so far, so good. Syukur alhamdulillah.
I have actually worked out a schedule - for both my meals AND exercises, and have been sticking to it quite well. And if TERlanggar, I would somehow compensate it in some ways.
I have set a target for myself. I call it the "Minus-4 Mission" - i.e., I aim to shed 4kgs by 30th June 2010, and I have also called upon my MT gang to join me on this mission. It does not matter how much we weigh now. The target is for all of us to lose 4kgs.
And, I'm writing this down here as an affirmation to myself.
My regime consists of, inter alia -
(1) Rice-free lunch everyday. I've been taking extra proteins and veges instead (and my lunch costs more now!) :(
(2) Rice for dinner on alternate nights - I'm taking smaller portions than before, and will start taking brown rice this week.
(3) On nights that I'm not having rice, I take wholemeal bread - either by making myself sandwiches or dipping into whatever gravy we have at home, and proteins and veges.
(4) I'm taking more fruits now, too. Made some research on which fruits are okay for diabetics and found out that Grapefruits, Apples, Guavas and Cantaloupes are the best. And fruits to avoid include Mangoes and Bananas!
(5) I'm avoiding all sugary stuff (i.e. drinks and desserts) EXCEPT on Sundays - which I declare as my INDULGENCE DAY ;)
(6) And I've started going on the treadmill and the cross-trainer at home every morning before I go to work! YEAY!!! (They no longer serve as tempat gantung baju and place to store boxes! Hehehe!)
(7) AND I've started going to the gym again :) Had to pay RM99 last week to reactivate my Life Membership at Ce*eb*ty Fitness at OU. The last time I actually went for a workout there was 5 years ago! Quite pathetic considering OU tu is like my second home. Tersangatlah selalu melepak di situ, tapi tak terjejak kaki kat CF tu!! So, I'm making a point to go to the gym on nights when Hasya and Hilman are having their Mengaji at their Wan's house and Hanna has her guitar lessons at OU, and also when the kids are having their piano lessons. At least tak rasa guilty going to OU without them :)
And of course - this also gave me a good excuse to shop for new gym attires last week! Hehehe! Sempaaaaat... ;)
Ayah has also joined me on the meals regime, but have yet to join the exercise regime (although I know he gets a lot of exercises running around the hospital from morning till night!)
And after 7 days, I have managed to shed 0.5kg :)
The easiest part is to get rid of the excess water. It's shedding the fat after this which is going to be a major headache.
But, I know I can do this...
By 30th June, I WILL be 4kgs lighter.
Come. Join me! :)