Sunday, March 18, 2007

Birds of a Feather...

Thoughts recorded March 02, 2007...


I was on the phone with Ayah just now, from the time he was walking to the car at the hospital until he found a parking space at The Curve (no prize for members of "Majlis Tertinggi" for guessing why he's at The Curve on a Friday night...wink wink!).

Anyway, we were just catching up on things that happened since we last spoke to each other on the phone this morning, and the conversations we had with the kids, and others, and all - and he mentioned that he had read the comments made by IBU on my posting on Personality Plus, which he thought was pretty funny (I totally agree!), and he said that all my "Majlis Tertinggi" friends ARE pretty funny... And I said to Ayah, "Well...birds of a feather, flock together..." But then, that made me think. "Hang on! We ARE NOT the same at all!".

For a start, there's our IBU from Green Park Rawang (a self-confessed choleric!). Hahaha! How more choleric can one get?! Like - "I don't want to hear any excuses...I just want to hear REASONS, like yesterday!!! You're FIRED!!!!" LOL!!!

Then there's the Queen of Phlegmatics of Villa Damansara who is the most laid-back person I have ever known in my entire life! Never raises her voice, always cool and collected, never panics. Always smiling...But, she can be pretty choleric sometimes. She can really juggle hundreds of things at the same time, I'm telling you. Imagine this, driving her Estima at 150km/h down to JB, on the phone with her office, while trying to keep her daughter still (the little princess was bouncing up and down on the front passenger seat!), and check this out - managed a work-related teleconference while having an outing with the rest of Majlis Tertinggi!

Talk about excelling under pressure!

Then there's our soon-to-be Datin of SS3 (insya Allah...Aamin) - who pretty much, I would say a sanguine through and through. Never has anything bad to say about anybody, always excited, always very animated, always has the "who-cares-what-time-I-wake-up- tomorrow" attitude. LOL!!! (Errr...I think the majority of the Majlis Tertinggi HAVE that attitude, actually...) But, she knows what she wants (so, there's a choleric streak in her, too). You should see how good she looks now - sheer discipline - making her way to the gym religiously...) Hats off to you, my dear Mak Datin....Hehehe!

And of course, our Bandar Hussein Onn friend...Another phlegmatic! BUT, my word...she can be so melancholic sometimes. Errrr....how many people out there do you know who would actually change the FONT (I repeat - THE FONT?!!) on the plan of their new house, like 10 times (maybe? or more?) before they finally think the plan looks good? She has been working and working and working on it for as long as I could remember! Oh maaaannnn...hurry up, woman!!! Bila kitoghang can go to your house-warming do at Saujana Impian ni?!!!

Then, there's our melancholic friend in Rasah Kemayan. Always making sure that everything is in order - has been trying to make sure the husband is in order, too!!! LOL!!! Errrr... he's a 100% sanguine, my dear...Just let him be! Nothing much you can do there, except love him...(LOL!) which I know you do! Hehehe!

And then...there's me...What you see is what you get... errrr...maybe not all the time, though (?!). I think I have a split-personality, depending on who I'm with, and where I am...Hmmm...That can be REALLY dangerous maaaannnn!! Anyway, small matter...

At the end of the day, I guess the saying - "Birds of a feather flock together..." does not ring true anymore... I guess as long as you feel really comfortable with all the birds, and the male birds are all comfortable with all the other male birds in the flock, then we will get one very big HAPPY flock of different birds of different feathers, maybe flocking together at The Curve, Rawang, Villa Damansara, Bandar Hussein Onn (Wei!!! Saujana Impian bila?!!!), SS3, Rasah Kemayan, and Sri Damansara anytime...

To all the birds of different feathers out there, wherever you are, flock with the other flocks sometimes...Who knows? You might find a flock which you feel so comfortable to be in, that you feel...so at home...together...wherever you are...

Wassalam...

No comments: