Sunday, March 18, 2007

Of plastic beakers and Curry Maggi...

Thoughts recorded on March 06, 2007...


I was just having a drink of water which I poured out of the plastic beaker in my room this afternoon, when I noticed that the water actually had the smell and an after taste of Curry Maggi (?!). And I said to myself - "Hmmmmm...how did that come about?!"

Then I remembered - it was at 3:00a.m two nights ago, when I was working on my chapters, when I felt so hungry suddenly, but I was just too scared to go out of my room to go to the kitchen to cook a proper meal. The only thing I had in my room were some Curry Maggi, my kettle, and my plastic beaker. Hmmmm....no choice, but to soak the Maggi in boiling water, in my plastic beaker. (Neither did I have any spoon with me! So...you guessed it right - I was slurping the Maggi straight from the beaker!!!) Eeeeeewwwww!LOL!!!

(Hanna, Hasya, Hilman - ONLY do this in dire emergencies, okay?!!!)

Anyway, I thought I had washed the beaker properly the first time around, by putting a triple dose of dishwashing liquid to it. I even soaked it in hot water for half an hour before rinsing it, and filling it with drinking water again. I guessed that was not enough...

So, what I did this afternoon was I soaked the plastic beaker in hot water with another triple dose of washing liquid, a few drops of my Woman Davidoff Cool Water, a few drops of my shampoo, a few drops of my handwashing liquid, and some washing detergent -(You guys must be thinking - crazy woman...) Anyway, crazy as it may seem - it actually worked! And, at this very moment, I am enjoying a mug of plain water, minus the smell and the after-taste of Curry Maggi! Well, there's probably still a litle bit of smell there BUT the water tastes so much better now...(I will probably soak the plastic beaker with my shower gel tomorrow, because that was the only thing that did not get its way into the pot pourri of stuff this afternoon...)

What I'm trying to say is - (in case you are thinking to yourself right at this moment - "Hmmmm, I think this woman has lost her marbles...) - The plastic beaker is just like your life, AND the Curry Maggi is just like the bad experiences that you may have had in the past - be it lost love, failures, betrayal of trust... I don't know.. Bad experiences that you felt like it was the end of the world for you?

Well, guess what? It was NOT the end of the world, because if it was, I would not be writing this, and YOU would not be reading this...

What I'm really trying to say is - Life has to go on...

It does not matter if the Curry Maggi was taken voluntarily OR somebody forced you to take it in your plastic beaker. What's important is - how do you make sure that the smell and the after-taste of the Curry Maggi disappear...

You can just leave the beaker unwashed. You can just use a single dose of your dishwashing liquid. OR, just like how I washed my plastic beaker - you put some extra efforts, and some fragrances that you could find to it, and Insya Allah, the smell will go away...It may still linger, BUT, in time it will definitely go away...

It's YOUR choice...At the end of the day, YOU are the one who is going to drink the water from YOUR plastic beaker...

So, to those who are having Curry Maggi in a plastic beaker tonight - whether voluntarily or by force, wherever you are....just be sure to wash the plastic beaker straight away. And just put some extra efforts and some extra fragrances to it, while you are at it...

All the best, guys...

Wassalam....

No comments: